Friday, May 1, 2009



This is Stacie monkeying around with my neice Sammy. Stacie is the love of my life. We will be married 30 years this December. She has been plauged with alcholism for the entire time we have been together. When she is good she is very good, and when she is bad it is just terrible. This last week has been bad. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to what sets her off and sends her on a bender. They last anywhere from a few days to weeks. She mostly drinks that cheap liquor you buy at drug stores. I left her for a few months last year and she went to treatment for 28 days. She came out and went right back to drinking again. I wound up coming back home after she had sobered up for a few weeks and it has been on and off since then. Being a nurse I understand the disease process I learned in school and at countless family counseling sessions I have been to when she is conducive to getting treatment. No matter what training or counseling you have been through it does not lessen the hurt of knowing that once again someone has but more value on drinking than your relationship. We have been together to long for me to leave her again, I guess I hang on and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment